HOW FLEX ENGAGEMENTS WORK
This benefits our clients in several ways:
- Our team of lawyer-trained staff consults with you and is better equipped to understand your legal needs than the typical staffing agency “sales” person or recruiter.
- We carefully vet potential FLEX attorneys. Because we are a team of current and former lawyers, we can evaluate not only our candidates’ likability, but also test their substantive legal skills and negotiation style, so you can feel confident about the quality of your FLEX attorney and the work-style match.
- FLEX attorneys can access Fenwick-created forms and knowledge management databases on your behalf at no cost.
- If you’re also a firm client, FLEX attorneys can easily collaborate with your Fenwick team, as needed.*
- You can easily access the top-tier experts at Fenwick for additional support or deeper expertise beyond the skills and expertise of your FLEX attorney.*
* Requires a separate engagement letter directly with Fenwick & West, and is billed separately at standard law firm rates.
You might be an early-stage company that’s growing quickly and are contemplating hiring but not sure if it’s the right time. Or maybe you’re a late-stage company that needs to fill a substantial family leave.
The quickest way to figure out if FLEX is a good solution for you is to contact us about your current needs and growth plans.
ABOUT FLEX ATTORNEYS
- sales deals
- license agreements
- developing or revising your standard form agreements
- offer letters, NDAs and other routine agreements
Depending on their level of experience and expertise in particular legal areas, they may also be able to help manage outside counsel on M&A transactions, litigation matters, or patent portfolio management, but they generally do not do this work on their own.
However, because our internal team consists of currently and formerly practicing attorneys, we can evaluate, not only our candidates’ likeability, but also their substantive legal skills and negotiation style by asking them to take a test and, for attorneys who make it onto our bench, we use the results as data points when matching attorneys with our clients.
FLEX AND FENWICK
But we also share where it makes sense for us, the firm, and our clients. For instance, we’ve taken over some unused space in Fenwick’s San Francisco office, which allows us to easily reach out to Fenwick partners and associates to provide support to our FLEX attorneys. It has the added benefit of keeping our overhead costs low, which means we can pass along those savings to you as well.